World Baseball Classic 2023: How to Watch Team USA vs. Cuba on Sunday From Anywhere
It took some late heroics, but Team USA’s World Baseball Classic journey isn’t over just yet. After a monster grand slam by Trea Turner in the eighth inning Saturday night helped the Americans take down Venezuela, America’s baseball team will continue its quest for a WBC repeat on Sunday when it takes on Cuba.
First pitch for the USA-Cuba game is scheduled for Sunday at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) on Fox. The winner of USA-Cuba will play the victor of Monday’s Mexico-Japan semifinals contest in the WBC’s championship game on Tuesday night. Here’s everything you need to know to watch the WBC semifinals and finals, with or without cable.
What is the schedule and format of the WBC?
Twenty teams started in the tournament and eight advanced out of pool play and into the quarterfinals, at which point it has become an eight-team, single-elimination tournament. With Japan sending home Italy in one quarterfinal game and Cuba eliminating Australia in another, six teams remain.
Here’s the remaining schedule:
- Semifinals: Cuba vs. USA: Sunday at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) on FS1
- Semifinals: Japan vs. Mexico: Monday at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) on FS1
- Championship game: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) on FS1
Where are the WBC games being played?
The quarterfinals, semifinals and final game will be played at LoanDepot Park in Miami, home of the Miami Marlins.
Who are the biggest MLB stars still playing in the WBC?
USA: Mike Trout, Mookie Betts, Trea Turner, Pete Alonso, Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado
Japan: Shohei Ohtani, Yu Darvish
You can see the full roster for each WBC team here.
How can I watch the World Baseball Classic?
You can watch the rest of the WBC on FS1 and Fox Deportes with a live TV streaming service, but keep in mind that not every service carries every network, so check each one using the links below to make sure it carries Fox in your area.
Games can also be streamed live online through FoxSports.com or the Fox Sports app, but you’ll need to authenticate with a cable, streaming or satellite login.
Ric Tapia/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
You can watch WBC games live at FoxSports.com or the Fox Sports app, but you need to authenticate with a cable, streaming or satellite login. Fox Sports has apps for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Google TV and Xbox.
FuboTV’s basic plan costs $75 a month and includes FS1. To watch Spanish-language broadcasts on Fox Deportes, you will need to spring for FuboTV’s $86-a-month plan. Click here to see which local channels you get. Read our FuboTV review.
How to use a VPN to watch the WBC from anywhere
If you’re traveling outside your home country and want to watch the WBC, or just want an added layer of privacy for streaming, there is an option that doesn’t require searching the internet for a sketchy website: You can use a VPN, or virtual private network.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to WBC broadcasts, which comes in handy if you find yourself unable to view the games locally. A VPN is the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds by encrypting your traffic. Using a VPN is also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
If you can’t find a convenient opportunity to watch the WBC where you live, using a VPN with a US-based server should provide access to some or all of the streaming options listed below. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, as long as you’ve got a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions. See our list of best VPNs for more and check out other great VPN deals taking place right now.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN pick for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription. Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick tips for streaming the WBC using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — experience and success may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.